Thursday 27 August 2009

Italy, YMCA, and dumplings.


I am going to Italy (in November)! Thomas and I booked our flights 2 days ago, and the itinerary is awfully packed....we arrive on November 18 in Venice, stay a night there, then go to Florence and spend two nights there, and then go to Rome and spend a night there. Were gonna miss class on Wednesday and Thursday but it's worth it. Funny story actually. Jenna and Sara bought their tickets earlier than us, and they booked it on November 18, thinking that that's Thanksgiving weekend, but it's not, lol. But the flight to Venice costs 5 pounds compared to the 45 pounds on Thanksgiving weekend!!! It's so cheap, we couldn't pass it up, so were going that weekend. Round-trip in total was about 50 pounds which is not bad at all.

I finally got the chance to go to the YMCA yesterday. I swam a few laps in the pool, spent some time in the steam room and sauna, and it felt pretty darn good. The locker rooms here are unreal. There are three sets of private shower stalls, a machine to quick-dry your clothes, and a table full of hair dryers. All of the facilities here are brand new because they had it renovated earlier this year. On the way out, I saw a volleyball class taking place and I thought, YESSS finally, a sport! I'll check that out next week.

I discovered a quaint little Korean shop last night near our flats (which Michelle and Leila were extremely excited about). I was starving so I asked the workers what type of food I should get, they directed me to some dumplings and this bigger type of dumpling filled with vegetables. Right next to it was a Thai restaurant and I couldn't help myself, so I picked up some yellow curry to take home, which, by the way, was amazing.

The weather here has been retarded. I wake up freezing, bundle up and go out, and an hour later the sun is out glaring. So then I go home and take a majority of my clothes off and go back out, only to encounter rain. It's kind of like dealing with a girl on her rag, you never know what you're gonna get.

I already ran out of my minutes on my phone here, I have to go "top up" as they call it here. And I need to do this ASAP because I played some scratchers game and came up with three identical lions, which means I won something big, so I need to call the number on the back to find out what. Hm, I could me a millionaire now and not even know it.

cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment